The President chairs the General Assembly and the Council Bureau. He oversees the Council’s work and its functioning, and his missions are as follows:
- Prepare and implement the decisions of the Council.
- Draft the agenda for the Council’s sessions in coordination with the Council’s Bureau.
- Invite the members of the Council for meetings during regular and extraordinary sessions.
- Bring the results of the Council’s work to the attention of the authority that calls on it for policy advice or opinions and ensure its follow-up.
- Coordinate the work of the committees, working groups, and the National Authority for Evaluation of the education, training, and scientific research system.
- Prepare and implement the Council’s annual budget.
- Represent the Council before courts, public authorities and institutions, third parties, and foreign or international organizations and institutions.
- Conclude cooperation and partnership agreements on behalf of the Council.