The Secretariat of the Council is entrusted to a Secretary-General appointed by Dahir. The Secretary-General assists the President in his missions and manages the Council’s administration and staff issues under the delegation conferred upon them by the President of the Council.
The Secretary-General shall perform the following duties:
- Prepare documents relevant to the Council’s meetings.
- Keep the Council’s minutes.
- Maintain and keep the Council’s policy advice, opinions, reports, files, and records.
- Contribute to coordinating the work of the committees, working groups, and the National Authority for Evaluation within the Council.
- The Secretary-General shall participate in the work of the Council and its Bureau in an advisory capacity.